Monday, April 27, 2020

Sacrifice of Praise

This song meant a whole lot to me way back in 2014. It was the year that I went through chemo and lost my hair. It was a hard year. This chorus got me through many showers. It was a time that I seemed to really notice my hair gone and it was a very sad time. Many times I was meant with tears during my showers. The water hitting against my bare scalp. It was a hard time and I soon learned to sing this chorus during this time.

I also learned to pray and ask Jesus to help me like what I saw in the mirror. And thankfully He helped me. When it started to get painful again - I would again go to the throne of God and ask for mercy and grace to accept what I saw in the mirror. And it looks like I am having to rely on this again. The longer my hair gets the harder it is to style it the way I like to and my hair becomes pretty flat. In fact, if I did not blow dry my hair with product to give it lift and curl it - hair spray it - it would be pretty flat. And I am not used to seeing my hair right up against my face. And it is challenging to get used to it laying flatter - even when I curl it. So I pray and ask God to help me to be able to accept my hair and to help me through this challenging time. It may not be as hard as going through chemo and being bald but the longer this goes the harder it could be.  Songs can help us through - just like prayer can. What songs have helped you through a hard time? 











No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

33: The Way to Captivity