Tuesday, June 11, 2019

Will this matter.....?

So yesterday I had a very productive day! The weather was beautiful when I went and let my chickens out at about 6:30am - so I decided to go walking. I went to my favorite nearby park and walked a little over 3 miles. It still felt awesome outside so when I got home - I proceeded to take care of things in my yard. I had 7- good sized bags of mulch that needed to be carried to the back yard and spread out around where my cantaloupe plants are growing. I got that done and I weeded my garden. I also needed to get some wood that we had in the back of our truck taken out and stacked up nearby for an upcoming camping trip. My husband and son will need the truck for a special job this afternoon. So I got all of that done and had over 8,000 steps in already for the day and it was only 9am. Anyway so since I was so productive I was able to get a couple of blog posts typed up and ready to go. I really like being able to do that. I do so much better when I just write when I am inspired to write. Sorry that it makes my blog a bit sporadic but it is what works for me.

As the day progressed, I too proceeded to get a lot of things done - things on my to do list for the day and even some extras. So by 4pm I decided that it was time for a break. I am always saying I want to spend some time out on my deck reading and allowing my feet and ankles to get some sunshine to even up my tan. I wear tennis shoes and socks that go over my ankles most of the time - so I have white feet and ankles. I want to change that...lol. Anyway so I picked out a fun book to read and set up my umbrella so that it covered me except my legs and feet. It felt so good sitting out there. I found a quote in the book I was reading that really spoke to me. It is something I needed to read. 

The book I am reading is called "Thirty Chic Days~ practical inspiration for a beautiful life" by Fiona Ferris.    Click on her name to be taken to her blog. 

In the chapter titled "Adopt a low-drama way of being" I found a great quote I would like to share. 

"You may have heard the saying 'will this matter in ten years' time?' It's such a wise question to ask and helps me not be so sensitive about things people say and, for the most part, let their words pass by without affecting me." 

This is something I needed to read. Sometimes I am a bit too sensitive to what people say. My pride gets injured and sometimes I make a bigger deal out of things then I should. This quote helps remind me that I need to look at the big picture and ask myself 'will this matter in ten years?' And I then I can process things privately without causing problems around me. 

Anyway I hope you all are doing well and now I am going to get busy for the day. I have a Dr. appointment today and am hoping that my bloodwork came back good. I had hoped to be able to get the results on line before appointment - just in case some of the numbers are not so good I could process the information before hand but sadly that did not work out. It's gonna be another busy day with a couple of appointments and errands to run. Ya'll have a good one! :O) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

34: Real Bread and Your Blood Sugar