Thursday, June 13, 2019

Three Important Questions to Consider

Do you remember back a few years the question "What would Jesus Do?" was all over- even used on bumper stickers. It's a great question to consider but recently I heard of another question we should consider and then as I was pondering these questions came up with another one.

What did Jesus do? 

We need to live by the example that Jesus gave us. And it is really easy to find out what He did. All we have to do is spend some time studying our Bibles. And if you have a red letter Bible - it is even easier for you. You could open up the Bible - and head to the New Testament check out all the things written in red. You can find glimpses of who Jesus is all the way through the Bible. We just need to spend more time in the Word of God. And if we do we will more easily be able to answer the question "What did Jesus do?"

But I don't think we need to leave the question "What would Jesus do?" behind. It is an important question to consider.

And as I ponder these questions another one comes to mind, "What did Jesus say to do?" We don't always have an example of what Jesus would have us do in the Bible but thankfully we have many examples of how people in the Bible did the will of God. And in some cases we see how they did not do the will of God and the consequences that followed - along with an idea of what should have been done. If we have a Bible we have all sorts of answers - just waiting to be found. I am thankful that God loved us so much that He made sure we had a love letter from Him. A love letter than included all sorts of examples of how best we can live our lives. 


Last night after prayer meeting I saw a glimpse of what Jesus would do. A majority of the people had made their way out of the building as I was visiting with a friend. As we talked I just happened to see something that blessed my heart. Our pastor was across the room conversing with a couple of people when he noticed someone trying to help an older gentleman up and into his wheel chair and he instantly went to help. Not only help but said words to lift the mans spirits and make him less embarrassed about needing help to get up. I have to admit that this scene totally captured my attention and gave me a glimpse of what Jesus would do. Funny little note here he was the same pastor that I had heard the question "What did Jesus do?" Not only is he preaching it, but he is living it as well. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

34: Real Bread and Your Blood Sugar