Tuesday, June 18, 2019

Goals, Stumbling Blocks and Stepping Stones


(as of yesterday) 
Every year I set a goal on my runtastic app on my phone- 210 miles is what I have set the goal for the last two years. Last year - I barely made it. This year I decided I was gonna have to push myself to do better.

During July when I take care of my granddaughter all month - it is hard for me to get my walks in. We go to the park and we may do some walking but its shorter walks than I usually do by far. So I knew that I needed to set a goal to be at before July got here so that I could still easily reach my goal by the end of the year. And I actually have not only reached that goal but went past it and continue to log miles towards my yearly goal through the rest of this month.

Although I have not reached my 50 by 50 goal yet - I am making progress - for which I am thankful.Over the last 3 years I have come face to face with many stumbling blocks. Sometimes I have to face the same ones more than once. Some issues are harder to resolve than others and so it takes more time. Sometimes it comes down to me trying to face the issue in my own power~ big mistake.

A year or so ago I received this message from the Lord:

"I have given you the victory"

And I continue to hold onto this promise. It is truly through the power of Jesus that I can be successful and reach my goals. But I con be assured that at every turn I will be confronted with stumbling blocks. But there is good news! Each time you press on toward the goal- that block has less and less power over you. It may show up again but you will remember the success of getting past it the last time and you can again call on the strength and power from God that resulted in success that last time to help you again.

God has promised to complete the work He has begun in you (Philippians 1:6) It is an ongoing work. We can tell that because it says "Will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ."

So yest we will have many stumbling blocks on our way towards our goals But we can rest assured if our goals line up with the will of Jesus, we can trust that through His power we will reach our goals. And one day we may see that those stumbling blocks were actually stepping stones leading us home.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

33: The Way to Captivity