Monday, January 7, 2019

A New Favorite Recipe

I am back - not sure how steady I will be with posts this week- but wanted to share this recipe with you all. It is a recipe I found on the back of the bag of garbanzo beans that I bought from HEB. I love this recipe. 

Garlic Bean Soup 

2 C. chopped onions 
2 C. sliced carrots
1/2 C. sliced celery 
12-14 cloves of garlic, peeled and minced
2 T. Olive Oil 
2 Cans (14 1/2 ounces each) chicken or vegetable broth
2 1/2 C. dry garbanzo beans - Soak over night and cook as directed
salt and pepper to taste 
finely chopped chives or parsley, optional 

Saute onion, carrot, celery, and garlic in oil in large sauce pan 3-4 minutes. (I find it takes longer sometimes) Add Chicken broth and cooked beans, heat to boiling. Reduce heat and simmer until vegetables are tender 5-8 minutes. Process soup in food processor or in a blender until smooth. Serve in bowls, sprinkle with chives. 

I have changes a few things around with this recipe and I have made it in my Instant pot. And at the end I have used my immersion blender to blend some of it up. I like chunkiness in it though. The garbanzos are so good. 

With using the instant pot - I soak beans over night and then after I have sautéed the veggies. I add the liquid and the beans and I cook it in my Instant Pot for about 40 minutes. The beans are so soft and tasty. Yummy!! 

I have not had chives to add to this so I have not tried that at all, so I can not say if it is good that way or not. 

I hope you guys enjoy this recipe as much as I have!! :O) 





1 comment:

  1. This sounds wonderful! I will have to try making it!

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

“Light Shines in the Darkness” | Sabbath School Panel by 3ABN - Lesson 3...

Installment #3 Be blessed :O)