Thursday, January 10, 2019

The Word of the Year

Some years I get a word for the year and some I don't. This year I got a word- that actually has turned into several words!

In 2014, my word came to me as I sat in the waiting room of Texas Oncology. I had already had at least one chemo session, maybe more, when as I was sitting in the waiting room waiting to be called back, I began to be amazed at the courage of all those in that room. I knew what chemo was like. I knew that it takes a lot of courage to go back each time. As the year passed there were many opportunities for me to have courage. I knew "courage" was my word for that year.

"Love" seemed to be the word for a year- God's love actually- when I questioned it and worked through my feelings and questions.

Last year "Grace"  was my word and God did not disappoint by placing many opportunities for me to learn about grace- both situations and books.

This year my word came to me actually during the last part of 2018. "Joy" seemed to be the word of focus for me but as the days go by and I proceed to learn about joy, I am realizing that praise, thanksgiving, worship and obedience are all a part of what I am learning this year and new things could be added later.

It is so cool to see how God is leading in what I am learning. I can't wait to share how he brought this study together for me! Hopefully I can get that post typed up and posted soon.

Do you have a special word or topic of focus for the year? I would love to hear about it. Leave me a comment if you do. :O)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

“Light Shines in the Darkness” | Sabbath School Panel by 3ABN - Lesson 3...

Installment #3 Be blessed :O)