Thursday, January 24, 2019

God Amazed Me Yet Again

I have more than one book going right now, in fact, if I were honest I'd have to admit to reading at least 4 books maybe even 5 books. I did not plant to read that many books at one time. It wasn't my intention at all.

One I am reading is for Sabbath School:

One is for a small group I am involved in:
And from the pile of books I got from my FLTS(Favorite Little Thrift Store):

I am reading:



And this little book:

And ever so often I revert back to my "Streams in the Desert" devotional because it has blessed me so much ever since I received it as a gift in 2012.

Now that was a lot of information and photos and I haven't even began to share how God amazes me. Well it has to do with how it seems sometimes, many times, in fact, how it is truly a God thing that I am reading these books together. And today it was my uninvited book and my 31 Days of Praise books that just worked perfectly together.

It couldn't have worked out by chance, nope, it was clearly a God thing. Out of all the 31 days of Praise that I happen to be on "Day Eleven" that went so perfectly with my study guide for my Uninvited books assignment today.

The study guide had us reading Isaiah 53:3-5

He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief: and we hid as it were our faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not.
4Surely he has borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten by God, and afflicted.
5But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.
Isaiah 53:3-5







and through this study we realize that when Jesus was on earth he was:

  • despised
  • rejected 
  • experienced suffering 
  • was held in low-esteem 
  • afflicted 
  • pierced 
and so much more.

You and I may feel "less than, left out, and lonely" we may even feel rejected but we are not alone. Jesus knows exactly how we feel- He experienced these same feelings when He was here.
Coming face to face to the realization that Jesus understands how we feel was amazing enough, but when I read day 11 in my 31 days of praise, I was totally amazed. It fit so well with what I am studying in my "Uninvited" book!

It still amazes me when I can see God's hand in what I am reading; when I can see how He has lead me to certain books that go so perfectly together. One book building on what I have learned from the other book.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

“Light Shines in the Darkness” | Sabbath School Panel by 3ABN - Lesson 3...

Installment #3 Be blessed :O)