Monday, January 28, 2019

How much?!?!

So yesterday I mentioned going to a cooking class. Well since the house is on the market and I was able to have a mini tour of the home and then saw the listing on the internet - I thought I would borrow a photo to show you the are that she has the cooking class.

If you click into the photo you can see it larger. Also notice the mirror hanging above the bar- that is nice so that we could see what she was doing as she cooked. 

So you notice the beautiful mural on the wall? A local artist had come to the house and painted this mural probably in the 1990's. The artist has since passed away. Anyway in conversation it found out that it cost $10,000 to have this mural painted!! WOW! I know of another person who had the same artist come to their home and paint a mural- not quite a big as this one but almost.

So this house is up for sale- the sad thing is that this sweet lady will have to leave this mural behind. I am thinking I would much rather my painting be painted on a canvas so I wouldn't have to leave it behind if I moved.

Anyway about 18 people showed up for the cooking class along with 3 helpers for the lady presenting the cooking class. At the end we were able to test and critique the recipes. Some I loved just the way they were some I thought needed a bit less oil or maybe a bit less lime juice- but those are only my opinions - other might have liked them just as they were. It was a nice experience and even fun since a new friend also attended so we were able to visit a bit and share our opinions and ideas about the recipes.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

“Light Shines in the Darkness” | Sabbath School Panel by 3ABN - Lesson 3...

Installment #3 Be blessed :O)