Wednesday, January 2, 2019

A Little Humor for the New Year

Just a little humor as we begin a new year:

Twas the month after Christmas, 
and all through the house, 
Nothing would fit me, 
not even a blouse. 
  
The cookies I'd nibbled, 
the eggnog I'd taste, 
At the holiday parties, 
had gone to my waist. 
  
When I got on the scales, 
there arose such a number! 
When I walked to the store, 
(less a walk than a lumber). 
  
I'd remember the marvelous, 
meals I'd prepared; 
The gravies and sauces, 
and beef nicely rared, 
  
The wine and the rum balls, 
the bread and the cheese, 
And the way I'd never said, 
"No, thank you, please." 
  
As I dressed myself, 
in my husband's old shirt, 
And prepared once again, 
to do battle with dirt, 
  
I said to myself, 
as I only can 
"You can spend a winter 
disguised as a man!" 
  
So-away with the last, 
of the sour cream dip, 
Get rid of the fruit cake, 
every cracker and chip. 
  
Every last bit of food, 
that I like must be banished 
Till all the additional, 
ounces have vanished. 
  
I won't have a cookie, 
not even a lick. 
I'll want only to chew, 
on a long celery stick. 
  
I won't have hot biscuits,, 
or corn bread, or pie, 
I'll munch on a carrot, 
and quietly cry. 
  
I'm hungry, I'm lonesome, 
and life is a bore- 
But isn't that what, 
January is for? 
  
Unable to giggle, 
no longer a riot. 
Happy New Year to all, 
and to all a good diet!  
   ~Author Unknown

I don't know about you - but Thanksgiving to Christmas is the most dangerous time of year - for our weight and our health. I learned that the hard way this year. Not only did I gain a few pounds through the holidays but I also ended up getting sick. I will be adding a note to self on my phone calendar - to remind myself to make better choices next year.. Maybe if I write myself a reminder I will be more determined to take better care of myself. It is no fun to be sick or to gain weight that I have worked so hard to lose.

And don't for one minute - think that eating healthy is as boring as the above poem describes it. There are a lot of wonderful foods that God created for us to eat and enjoy. Experiment with different ways to make things - you may not like it one way- but try something different and you might just find you really do like it. Over the last several years I have tried new things and actually have come to love some of them and they are now my favorites!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

“Light Shines in the Darkness” | Sabbath School Panel by 3ABN - Lesson 3...

Installment #3 Be blessed :O)