Monday, November 19, 2018

Ways to Save...Phone Calls are Beneficial even to the bottom line

Today I wanted to share something that happened today actually. It was that time again to order checks. On my checks - when I get to the last book of checks there is a form that directs me to where to order my checks. When I went to that site - it directed me to like a page that I wasn't familiar with. And it was having me type in more information than usual. I also noticed that the price of the checks was quite a bit more than I had paid last time I had ordered checks. So many things were different. I totally backed out and tried it again - thinking maybe I had done something wrong. At the very end they were going to charge almost double from the amount as last time I ordered. And that didn't seem right.

I decided that I needed to call the phone number on the reorder form and see what I could find out. When the lady finished giving her little speech and asked for my name- I said well I have some questions first. I proceeded to ask her why the pricing had almost doubled from last time and why was I having to give some much information than what I had previously had to give them. She told me that my bank had had a contract with that company but no longer did. By having the contract the pricing of the checks is much cheaper for the customers. I told her that I would need to look around because I was not planning to pay that much for my checks.

I then decided that I needed to call my bank and ask them about it and check and see if maybe they had a contract with a new company and maybe I could get a much better deal than what the other company charged. Come to find out they did have a new company and she would take care of ordering my first set of check - which by the way were free! And if I understood her correctly - 2 sets of checks per year would be free!! So instead of paying the $35.00 - I will get my checks for free.

It is important to make a few phone calls sometimes. It just might save us some money!! I am praising God for giving me the insight to make the phone calls and not just move forward with ordering the checks. It saved me money!!!

***********************************************
Come back tomorrow where I will share a little about the first Food Panty event for our small town! :O)

1 comment:

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

“Light Shines in the Darkness” | Sabbath School Panel by 3ABN - Lesson 3...

Installment #3 Be blessed :O)