Wednesday, November 14, 2018

Hands and Feet of Jesus

I am in the process of transferring my church membership. But that doesn't mean I can get involved with ministries at the new church. It's pretty exciting this coming Sabbath our church will have its first food pantry for our community! Last night was a training meeting.

There are a couple of ways to get the food from the food bank. If the amount of families is - I think less than a hundred then you order food and you are responsible to go pick the food up. However, if you are serving more than 100 families the food bank has trucks that deviled the food on pallets. And Sabbath at about noon area a truck will come out to our church and drop off pallets of food!

The pastor who is in charge of this food pantry has went to several other food pantries in the area to see how they set up the food pantry and all. So first I need to describe the area we will have the food bank. We have a parking lot that has 3 sections. The truck will drop the pallets off to one of the sections of the parking lot in a row. On either side of these pallets will be tables. And the food will be put on the tables for those coming to get food. So we will have 2 lines going at one time.

The person that came out for the food bank to do the training was surprised at the number of people who came out for the meeting last night. It was freezing cold and I know I wanted to stay home but I'm so glad I went. I was blessed by attending this meeting. I learned a lot. And I look forward to what all the Lord has in store for this ministry. There are a lot of people in our community who need assistance and I'm so thankful that our church is stepping up to serve the community. It's just one of the ways that we can be the hands and feet of Jesus! Don't underestimate what He can do when we follow His example!!

I will try to post something either Sabbath evening or on Sunday of how the day went. Please be praying for this event. It's the very first time for us to do this and we have a lot of food coming. Pray that things go smoothly and that many families will be blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

28: My Oil of Choice

Another installment of Breadbeckers! :O)