Wednesday, November 7, 2018

This and That

So I kind of let my blogging go for a few days- sorry about that. Our granddaughter was out of school on Monday which meant we got to have her an extra day. So Monday was all about her! I took her to the park and we played for 2 hours. We did some painting and played in the sandbox for a while. Then I ended up being the one to drive the 45 minutes to take her to her Momma on Monday evening because her daddy got stuck in traffic. 

Driving home from dropping her off - I took advantage of being in that area and stopped by a Goodwill I don't usually get to check out unless I make a special trip. I found a St. Johns Bay sleeveless top - in new condition for $4.49. 

Tuesday my husband and I went and voted.. I was out of Tahini and I have found that Sprouts has excellent Tahini and for a reasonable price. This 16 ounce container runs $5.99 I believe.
I had bought some at another health food store nearby but it was no where near as good as this stuff is! It is worth the 30 plus minute drive to the Sprouts store to get it! While I was up in that area I checked out a favorite thrift store that I hadn't been to in more than a month. It has such a large selection I usually always leave the store with at least a couple of favorites. And this visit did not disappoint. I found 4 tops - 1 sleeveless, 2 short sleeved tops and 1 long sleeved top. 

Today the weather has been over cast and there has been a threat of rain. So I have only ventured out to go to bank and post office. Stamp prices are at 50 cents a stamp now. The price has risen so much over the last few years. I know it is still a great deal to get something from here to where ever but still. I like to buy a roll of stamps when I can because they are forever stamps so if the price goes up before I buy more stamps - these will still work. I sold a couple of dozen eggs to a long time family friend and was able to visit with her for a while and that was really nice. 

I am working on putting together a home management binder. I had put one together at one time but I think when I was feeling overwhelmed with way too many things in my bookcase - I think I got rid of it. So now I am having to create another one. I want one place for all of the directions of home made cleaners and such that I have. And I want to keep track of other important information in the folder. I haven't decided what all I will have in this binder yet. I will add to it as I go. I know I need to organize a better way of keeping track of the new recipes for healthy things that I am using. 

Anyway all of that to say I haven't had much time for blogging this week. And I have been a bit distracted from blogging. My husband has been sick this week and has been at home as well. 

I know I have a best deal post for Sunday that I need to get typed up. And I have some ideas for my Ways to Save posts that I also need to get typed up. 

Hope you all are doing well. Oh - I just remembered something I wanted to share about so I will get that typed up for tomorrow. See you then. :O) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

“Light Shines in the Darkness” | Sabbath School Panel by 3ABN - Lesson 3...

Installment #3 Be blessed :O)