Saturday, October 15, 2016

God's Butterfly

 God's Butterfly


And ugly Caterpillar crawled up a baron tree.
Said he, " I feel a 'stirring,' but the outcome I can't see.
He chose a branch and then begin to spin a strange cocoon.
He said, "I don't get it I'll be closed in here soon.

"I'm not free to crawl about among the mulch in the mold.
I don't think I'll like it here ... it's not what I was told.
My freedom is restricted; I can't do as I choose,
and that's the last possession I would ever want to lose."

But things begin to happen; that warm begin to change.
New feelings in that larva heart admittedly were strange.
Until one day that little tube split open down the back,
And the creature that had been inside came right out through the crack.

The likes of him you've never seem - much different from before.
 He didn't grub along the ground; he could spread his wings and soar.
And beautiful beyond mere words, a wonder to behold.
Instead of drab and brown and gray, he was purple, black, and gold.

But the greatest change of all excited even him.
Instead of crawling up and down, he could fly from limb to limb.
His appetite were different; new desire surged within.
He had new companions - didn't want to be what he had been.

Now, the parallel is very plain to those who walk with Him.
The process of becoming sometimes makes the way seeing dim.
But when we cease to struggle and spend the time with Him,
He changes us completely and gives new life within.

Don Jacobsen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

20: Joseph Vision