Wednesday, February 17, 2016

When Our Focus Changes... Part 2

So in yesterdays post we began to learn a little about Peter. He loved the Lord and he really felt as though he was in good shape when it came to following Jesus. But he had an experience that showed him that he could fail.
 And the Lord said,[c] “Simon, Simon! Indeed, Satan has asked for you,
that he may sift you as wheat. 
 32 But I have prayed for you, that your faith should not fail;
 and when you have returned to Me, strengthen your brethren.”
33 But he said to Him, “Lord, I am ready to go with You, both to prison and to death.”
34 Then He said, “I tell you, Peter, the rooster shall not crow this day before you will deny three times that you know Me.”
Luke 22:31-34

And sure enough this is what happened. If you want to read about it - just check out the rest of chapter 22 of Luke.

 And the Lord turned, and looked upon Peter.
And Peter remembered the word of the Lord,
how he had said unto him,
 Before the cock crow, thou shalt deny me thrice.
62 And Peter went out, and wept bitterly.
Luke 22:61-62

Peter was so discouraged about failing God. So Peter decided to go back to what he was doing before Jesus had called him:

Simon Peter, Thomas called the Twin, Nathanael of Cana in Galilee, the sons of Zebedee, and two others of His disciples were together. Simon Peter said to them, “I am going fishing.”
They said to him, “We are going with you also.” They went out and immediately[a] got into the boat, and that night they caught nothing.
John 21:2-3
 
He went back to that which he did before Jesus called Peter to follow Him. And they caught nothing. They were not satisfied. Trying to do that which they had done before - that would give them a bit of satisfaction failed them- no fish were caught.
 
When I realized this - It hit me personally. I, too, have fallen back to trying to find satisfaction in things not from Jesus Christ.
 
But when the morning had now come, Jesus stood on the shore; yet the disciples did not know that it was Jesus. Then Jesus said to them, “Children, have you any food?”
They answered Him, “No.”
And He said to them, “Cast the net on the right side of the boat, and you will find some. So they cast, and now they were not able to draw it in because of the multitude of fish.
John 21:4-6
 
The Bible goes on to tell us that they caught 153 large fish! (vs 11)
uczniowie jezusa - Szukaj w Google:
 
Then, as soon as they had come to land, they saw a fire
of coals there, and fish laid on it, and bread.
John 21:9
 
Not only did God satisfy their desire to catch fish - but He went above and beyond- and He prepared for them food. And satisfied their souls as well.
 
After studying all of this - I realized that this was more of what God was wanting to teach me. There is more than just keeping my eyes on Jesus that I need to do and that is to depend on Him to meet my needs and to satisfy my soul. I can't fall back to trying to do so myself and be successful. It just does not work that way. 
 
So I have come to realized that I need to make the commitment to Jesus to take care of this body that He gave me. And to leave the results to Him. I can't become prideful that I am doing it. It isn't me - it is God working through me. So I need to keep my eyes on Him and allow Him to guide me and direct me. And I need to depend on Him to satisfy the hungering of my soul. And trust that He will supply my needs. He has been faithful and He will continue to do so. You can trust Him! :O)
 
 
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

30: More Real Bread Stories