Saturday, February 20, 2016

Prayers For Fulfillment

While I was studying about Peter, to get a better understanding of what lesson God wanted to teach me, I came across another very important lesson that I wanted to share with you all today.


"Jesus said to them, "Bring some of the fish which you have just caught."
11 Simon Peter went up and dragged the net to land, full of large fish, one hundred and fifty-three; and although there were so many, the net was not broken"
John 21:10-11

 Did you notice that it specified "large" fish? This was not a net full of fingerlings, No! They were large fish! And John went on to specify not only that they were large fish but also the exact number of fish. God did not just barely satisfy their desire but he went above and beyond satisfying them!

"Now unto Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us, "
Ephesians 3:20
  
The lesson that I learned is that I need to go to God to meet my needs. There are so many counterfeit ways of trying to fulfill our needs, but only one true source of fulfillment! And that is Jesus Christ! And if we will go to Him for fulfillment - he will go above and beyond! :O)


And how does this tie into prayer - since I usually post about prayer on Sabbath- you may ask!? Well it's another thing that I learned this week - When we realize that we have a need- we need to bring it before God in prayer. Ask Him to fulfill our needs. One thing that I have tried to start doing this week is before my meals to ask God to fulfill my needs- I ask Him to help me best decide what to eat and that what I eat will satisfy me. This helps remind me that I can not do it on my own that I need His help - even in deciding what to eat.

So maybe the next time you recognize a need that needs to be meant- whether it is physically, mentally or spiritually - ask God to fulfill the need. He will give you wisdom and guidance. God bless :O) 

3 comments:

  1. That is an excellent thought! Not for the LORD just to bless the food, but to help you decide what food! And even how much! Hugs~

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

28: My Oil of Choice

Another installment of Breadbeckers! :O)