Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Quick Judgments... Not Good

As you all know my oldest son was laid off from his job the end of December, not a good time to be looking for a job. Praise the Lord - a door was opened up for him and yesterday he started the training of his new job.

During the first part of his training his new manager to be - came into the class and said, "I am great at being able to tell who is going to make it and who is not. If you want to know what I think of you - come and ask me." Well my son decided he would ask. As he walked up to ask - the man was finishing up talking to an older woman- the manager said yes - "I think you have what it takes to make it."

Then my son asked and the manager said, "No" I don't remember the whole conversation after that because I was thinking ~ really you see someone for just minutes during an interview and then a few more minutes in a class and you think you can fairly judge a person?

As I thought of this situation - I began to realize that sometimes we are very quick to judge one another. We see minutes of a person's personality and we think we can fairly judge them. Not so.

I am thankful that God doesn't make quick judgments about us. He knows our hearts and our motives. He above anyone can more accurately judge but He in his mercy and grace gives us time-so that we can grow into the likeness of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ!

I am going to take this lesson to heart - and do my best to not jump to quick decisions about people. I want to show grace and mercy just like Jesus does!

By the way~ my son told the manager that he would prove him wrong and he would indeed make it with the company. It seems that maybe that manager was testing my son to see how he would react. And thankfully my son took it as a challenge and did not allow it to discourage him. :O)

1 comment:

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

20: Joseph Vision