Tuesday, August 5, 2014

The Golden List Revised

Well since I have written about the Golden List - I have gotten a couple of comments which have got me thinking. Some of you already work on a thankful list. Some of the numbers were less than 10 things. And that is fine. I think that getting into the habit of writing down things that we are thankful everyday is a good one.

I think that I will do a little of revision to what I will be doing. I am thinking that I will leave myself a little more freedom on the amount of things that I add to my list each day. Maybe set a number more like 3-5 things. But I do think that what ever number I decide on - on the days that I don't feel like adding hardly anything to my list is the day that I will make sure that I write down not only the amount that I set my goal at but also to write down at least one more. To challenge myself on those tougher days to notice the things that I am overlooking.

It's always a good time to praise God. And I think that by being more focused on what I am thankful for - I will stay in more of a mind set of praising God for what I am thankful for. When we are feeling discouraged - it is a great time to praise God. I know of several people who have told me that - when they feel low - they praise God and that is what brings them out of their discouragement.

During the time that I knew that I would be losing my hair - many times I found myself crying in the shower. I finally had to come to a point of when I started feeling that sadness overwhelm me - then I would sing this chorus a couple of times until I felt stronger.

However you decide to do your Golden List is fine as long as you get into a habit of focusing on what you are thankful for and praising God. You will grow an attitude of gratitude and that will be golden! :O)

3 comments:

  1. I love your idea of working especially hard to write things on the list when you don't feel like it. I try to keep a list daily, but I don't aim for a specific number each day. But I find the more I'm in the habit of writing the list, the easier it is to find things to write on it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a good plan~ If we plan ahead, then when the time comes, we know what we are going to do! It works! LOL hugs~

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)