Sunday, August 17, 2014

Little Things That Bring Us Joy continued

Well I guess this first thing did not bring me joy but what I wanted to write about was expanding on the last post and then sharing some other things that bring me joy so that is the reason for the title of this post.

Ok - remember I have shared about the Forever Faithful Camporee going on in Oshkosh, WI this week. Well my husband is the deputy director of the Pathfinder club at our church and so he has been gone since about 2:30 Monday morning. He will be home later tonight. Anyway - just for safety reasons I have not mention that detail here on my blog- and really not on my facebook either. It's just better to be safe than sorry. Anyway I have missed him and will be so very glad when he is home!

Ok- now on to the joys. I guess it is pretty obvious in the photo but I wanted to expound on it a bit. In the field across the street - it actually has a bit of a hill - that was built up for a pond or water storage or something on the other side. So we only get to see the cattle when they make their way to this side of that hill - which does not have a lot of land on this side. So - so far that was the only time I have seen the cows out there. But it was great to get to see them and I am hoping they come out sometime while we have our granddaughter here.

Speaking of joys- this morning I woke up to it raining and it rained off and on till about 1-2pm. We have not gotten that much rain in a long time. Praise the Lord for the rain!!

Another joy that I had this last week - was going on a Mental Health Day - with my sister. We love to take these days. Mental Health Day - is basically a day that we go thrift store shopping and have lunch together. She works full time so we don't get to spend a whole lot of time together. So these special days are a real joy. This time we both lucked out with some really great buys. Over the years of thrift store shopping - we have learned to really look things over, to be selective in what we get- trying to limit what we get to those things we love. And this shopping trip - I found a few things that I loved! I got a cute red and white sleeveless top - that was exactly what I had been looking for. I had wanted a couple more cute sleeveless tops - and this one was perfect!! And for only 4.19! I also found a black denim jumper - for only $2.99! A pair of new black jeans - $2.92! And a great pair of Gloria Vanderbuilt capris - $7.57. They were a little more but I am sure they will get a lot of use and be well worth the money! These were my favorites! I am always on the look out for great jean skirts - but I don't want the thick, stiff jean skirts- I want the jean skirts with the fabric that is flexible and flows nicely. Haven't found what I am looking for yet - but hoping to find one soon. I will probably let you know when I find one. Notice - I wrote when and not if? Because I am going to pray about it and trust God to lead me to one! Before this past shopping trip - I prayed and asked if He would help us both to find some great buys. And we both did!

This week I also had lunch with a friend who is dealing with a cancer "adventure" of her own- hers is breast cancer. Please keep her in your prayers - her name is Carol - and she just stopped a chemo regimin cause it was too hard on her. She is suppose to go back to the Dr this week and find out what they plan to do next. Praying for wisdom for the Drs. And speaking of the breast cancer Journey - I have two other friends - Lisa and Anne - Anne is experiencing a reoccurance right now. She tried 3 rounds of chemo and it was not doing any thing so now she is participating in a clinical trial. Please keep both of these ladies in your prayers.

Well I better close for now. I would like to work on doing a little cleaning so the house will look nice when my husband gets home - late tonight. :O)   

1 comment:

  1. Your day of thrift store shopping and lunch sounds like so much fun! Even better when you find such great deals.

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)