Monday, August 25, 2014

Forgetting to Ask

Ok - so talking about wrong thinking, I wanted to share a little more about that. You all know so very much how very hard this whole - losing my hair and how slowly my hair seems to be coming in, has been for me. Well that is an area that I have struggled with - with my wrong thinking lately. And before I was reminded to think better thoughts - I had gotten really discouraged about it all. And when I am discouraged about it - it seems to be much harder to be out in public.

Another thing that I was reminded of when I had finally come to realize that I needed to change my thinking is that I had forgotten an important thing. A very important thing. I had forgotten to pray and ask God for grace - for me to like what I saw in the mirror. He has been faithful to help me through this whole journey- aka "adventure."

While my husband was shaving my head- I had prayed and asked God to help me be ok with what I saw and he gave me the strength and courage to look in that mirror and the grace to accept it. It was not easy, but I felt the strength and courage to look and to handle it. And I continued to experience it.

Anyway so once I figured out that I needed to change my thinking - I also realized I needed to pray and ask God to help me like what I saw in the mirror. And wouldn't you know it- it worked and I felt so much better when I looked in the mirror. And as I went to church and other outings I felt more confidence.


God is there to supply all of our needs. We just need to remember to ask for what is needed. Sometimes we may not even know what is needed and that is when the Holy Spirit comes in to play in a much stronger way.

    Likewise the Spirit also helps in our weaknesses.
For we do not know what we should
pray for as we ought,
 but the Spirit Himself makes intercession for us
  with groanings which cannot be uttered.  
Romans 8:26 
 

2 comments:

  1. I've had a lot of unexpected things happening lately, some great, some not so great. I needed this remainder today. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praise God! He is always willing to help--and I always forget to ask before I fail trying on my own first. Thank you for this reminder!

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)