Monday, June 9, 2014

The Spoken Word

Last week I went to one of my favorite little thrift stores. I received a blessing and wanted to share it with you as well.

As I was checking out with the treasures that I had found, the lady that runs the place and I were talking. Another shopping that came behind me ended up being a friend's Mom. She had seen me about half way through my chemo treatment. That was the first time she had seen me in a couple of years. Anyway so today she was at the thrift store - and as the three of us were talking -she made a statement that blessed my heart. She was telling me how good I looked and say "You are beautiful as always." Wow- what a blessing to my soul. Not only a comment as to looking good for just finishing up chemo - but also the compliment that I have always been beautiful. It really blessed my soul.

I think it is important for us to really pay attention to what we say. We can really bless those around us with kind, edifying words. Just a little lesson I learned and a blessing I received.

6 comments:

  1. Prior to an aunt's death, on a visit by some cousins, they reminded her that I sent my love. She replied " Andrina always was a good girl" well, I'm sure I wasn't, but I have treasured those words...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those are great memories. By the way you have a beautiful name! :O)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. You are great at blessing others by your words! A blessing to me indeed! Lisa :O)

      Delete
  3. Hi Lisa! I am so glad you heard a good word spoken to you by God through one of his children. It's so true that we should speak positively to each other, and to be uplifting.
    I also think that we should not 'hold back' our words either. What if your friend's Mom thought that you wouldn't want to hear what she had to say? But you did!! And God wanted her to speak it too.
    What an all around wonderful example of kindness to each other.
    Monday Blessings, Beautiful!
    Ceil

    ReplyDelete
  4. We should be encouraging and lifting each other up... thank you for this reminder. You are wonderfully encouraging!

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

20: Joseph Vision