Friday, June 20, 2014

My Gilgal

I am so excited about what I am going to share with you today! So in continuing to read my Beth Moore book Believing God chapter 13 now, I have learned an exciting thing about the stones talked about in the previous post.

We are continuing on from our reading yesterday:

    Now the people came up from the Jordan on the tenth day of the first month, and they camped in Gilgal on the east border of Jericho. 20 And those twelve stones which they took out of the Jordan, Joshua set up in Gilgal.   
Joshua 4:19-20

As we see from the above text that they set the stones up at Gilgal. Now here is where it gets kind of exciting - at least to me.

"In essence the word Gilgal means "circle or wheel." The assumption is that the standing stones were arranged in a circle." quote from chapter 13

Which gives my windmill even more significance as my memorial - of God's faithfulness in my life but especially during my cancer 'adventure."

This chapter, like the whole book, is chalked full of a wonderful message - and has met me exactly where I am. I love it when I can see that God has brought a certain book that deals with exactly where I am in my walk with Him. It has happened several times before.

So as you can see - my windmill - which is in a circle or a wheel is very appropriately my memorial.

I will remember the works of the Lord; Surely I will remember Your wonders of old. 12 I will also meditate on all Your work, And talk of Your deeds.   
Psalm 77:11-12

1 comment:

  1. So beautiful! I can totally appreciate why you were excited to share!

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

20: Joseph Vision