Sunday, June 29, 2014

Taking the Next Step

This week end my husband and I went camping. As we were on our way - I decided I was tired of wearing my hat - so I took it off. And only put it on when we went in to places and such. But most of the time driving I had it off. I felt a little protected by being in the vehicle - so not really "seen." Over the week end I wore it when I around people, until Sabbath evening. I had been out at the dock with my husband while he was fishing. Then I decided to go back to the RV. It was starting to get dark. I had already walked to the RV and back to get something that he had left at the RV. Anyway while I was walking back to the RV - I decided to walk the long way, because I wanted more exercise. I was getting hot and sweaty and finally decided to take off the hat. So I did - and walked the rest of the way back to the trailer. It felt good to have air getting to my head. I continued to sweat but at least I was letting air to get to my head.

By the time I got back to the RV- I decided that I was tired of wearing the hat. It will more than likely be several more months before my hair is at a length that would appear to be a regular hair style that a woman would chose to get and I am not willing to go all summer long wearing a hat. Hats are hot.

This morning when I got up - I decided I am going to do my best to go without a hat. I lucked out because the people that were camping directly across from us - were gone by the time we got ready to hook up to leave. When we got to the dump station - I got out - without my hat and took the trash to the trash can and then proceeded to help my husband with the rest of the stuff.

After we got home- I wanted to weed eat around where we normally park the RV so I had him wait a bit while I weed eated the area. Then I went to the front yard and weed eated around a few things- to make it look pretty when I actually mow our yard tomorrow- all the while- not wearing hat.

Later in the evening, we had a few errands to run in a town nearby- and I did not wear that hat at all. In fact, that time I did not even take the hat with me.

Now I know that each time I go to a place that I normally visit - it will be a bit challenging - Especially that first time for each place. And I am guessing that it will be a bit more challenging to go places by myself. But I am going to pray for courage in order to do so. Because I am tired of wearing a hat. I am tired of being hotter because of the hat. I am tired of the time that it is taking in order for my hair to grow. I had hoped to have more hair by now. But since I don't - then I just need to suck it up and just get on with life.

Anyway since I have been sharing this "adventure" with you all - I thought I would share this next step.

I am pretty tired - we stayed up way too late this week end and I need to get myself off to bed and try to catch up. In just a couple of days I will be taking care of my granddaughter all day long. So I need to be rested up at least a decent amount before that starts.

I hope you all are doing well. I am doing well. :o)

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you are doing well. Summertime is too hot for a hat. I'm glad you don't feel that you "have to" wear one.

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

30: More Real Bread Stories