Thursday, May 31, 2012

The Red Sea Rules #10

We have come to our last installment of this book. I have really enjoyed it and I think it has really helped me. This book along with a couple of other books - the Bible and The Refiner's Fire(that a sweet friend gave me.) I still struggle but at least now I have Hope. A couple of months ago - I did not feel hope. Life seemed hopeless.


Let's Review:

#1. Realize that God means for you to be where you are.
#2. Be more concerned for God's glory than for your relief.
#3. Acknowledge your enemy, but keep your eyes on the Lord.
#4. Pray
#5. Stay Calm and confident, and give God time to work.
#6. When unsure, just take the next logical step by faith.
# 7. Envision God's enveloping presence.
# 8. Trust God to deliver in His own unique way.
#9. "View your current crisis as a faith builder for the future."
Last but definitely not least:
#10. Don't forget to praise Him.

"Then sang Moses and the children of Israel this song unto the LORD, and spake, saying,
I will sing unto the LORD, for he hath triumphed gloriously: the horse and his rider hath he thrown into the sea. 2. The LORD is my strength and song, and he is become my salvation: he is my God, and I will prepare him an habitation; my father's God, and I will exalt him." Exodus 15:1-2


This is the very first song recorded in Scriptures. God had not only brought them out of Egypt but when it looked like their end had come - he miraculous saved them by opening up the Red Sea - and letting them walk through on DRY land! Isn't that awesome? Then when the Egyptians followed behind- trying to get to them to kill them - the waters no longer help up and they were all killed.

What gratitude they must have felt. God had done so much for them up to this point but it seems that they just had not really realized how much he loved them and that he could and would take care of them till this point.

I think sometimes in our own lives we struggle with this too. But if we can learn to Praise God - even for the little things - I think our lives will become much more full of praise.

My Mother-in-law has told me - when it is the hardest to Praise God - it is probably the most important time to Praise Him.


"He lets out His mercies to us for the rent of our praise, and is content that we may have the benefit of them so He may have the glory." John Trapp

"...I'd like to suggest that praise and worship are the sand and cement that hold the bricks in place along life's daily pathway." page 109

"Develop a perspective of praise." page 110

Start today - look around your life and make a list of things you are thankful for. You might be surprised at how many things you can find!
I hope you all have a wonderful day! :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

20: Joseph Vision