Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Which Side Will You Choose?


As you all know I am reading through the Conflict of the Ages Series. Around February 26th or so I began reading "The Desire of Ages" book. About a week or so ago - while we were out camping - I finished reading it. Then I began reading "The Acts of the Apostles." 
I really enjoyed reading "The Desire of Ages" it is a great book about the life of Jesus. While we were camping I read the part about Calvary. Reading about this has helped me so very much because no matter what I have to suffer with it is nothing compared to what Jesus went through for us. 
This really has been one of the best books I have read. It has been tough to read of all the suffering that our Savior went through but it so speaks to the love that Jesus had/has for us. He went through so much suffering yet he remained calm. 
"Every feature expressed gentleness and resignation and the tenderest pity for His cruel foes. In His manner there was no cowardly weakness, but the strength and dignity of long-suffering." DA 735 

One of my favorite parts of this part of the book is when it said that Jesus was hung on the cross in the middle of two criminals. At first they both gave Jesus a lot of grief but one of them allowed the Holy Spirit to work on his heart and he realized that Jesus was the Son of God. He asked Jesus to remember him. 

"While the leading Jews deny Him, and even the disciples doubt His divinity, the poor thief, upon the brink of eternity, calls Jesus Lord. Many were ready to call Him Lord when He wrought miracles, and after he had risen from the grave; but none acknowledged Him as He hung dying upon the cross save the penitent thief who was saved at the eleventh hour." DA 750-751 

As I thought of this, I realized that this scene represents when Jesus comes. There again will be two sides: on one side will be those who have accepted Jesus as their Lord and Savior and on the other side will be those who have not.
 "When the Son of Man comes in His glory, and all the holy angels with Him, then He will sit on the throne of His glory. 32 All the nations will be gathered before Him, and He will separate them one from another, as a shepherd divides his sheep from the goats. 33 And He will set the sheep on His right hand, but the goats on the left. 34 Then the King will say to those on His right hand, 'Come, you blessed of My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:" Matthew 25:31-34 
 We have a decision to make - which side to do we want to be on? 

2 comments:

  1. I am so glad you are enjoying this series! The Desire of Ages is my favorite as well. And I agree with you--SO hard to read about what Jesus suffered for us. Hard to understand how much He loves us--enough to die for us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What amazed me the most was the ability that Jesus had to endure such torture and "still had the bearing of a king upon his throne." DA 736 He not only endured the cruel treatment but He was able to stay calm and had a glow about Him. And those in the crowd - had they not been being led by Satan would have been able to see the glory of God by looking at Him. The way that responded to mistreatment - there is a lot that we can learn from this -I know there is alot I can learn anyway.
    Lisa :O)

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

29: My Favorite Fats for Baking