Monday, May 21, 2012

Opposites

The more that I study and get to know the character of Jesus Christ, the more I realize that the prince of darkness is really working hard to promote everything that is opposite of the character of God.

While Jesus Christ was here on earth, He represented the character of God. He came to serve others. He did not puff Himself up. He did not do things in order to bring glory to himself. All He did- He did to bring glory to God.

What seems to be the acceptable line of thought now? Look out for #1. If you have to step on others in order to get where you want to go..so be it.

Jesus Christ lived a life that was totally surrendered to His heavenly Father. He lived His life here on earth to be an example for us. But how do most people live their lives? They want to be in the driver's seat - in total control. Making decisions based on what makes them happy. Here again we see in the life of Jesus that he did not make His choices based on his happiness. No - His choices were made on His Father's will for His life. The night before He was to be crucified for the sins of the world(He was sinless.) He prayed that the cup of wrath be taken from Him - but he ended his prayer not my will but yours Father. He made His choices based on what His Father's will was - not his own selfish motives.

There are so many example that I could use here, but I will leave it at these. I think it is important for us to remember that the prince of darkness is working hard to distract us from the knowledge of Jesus Christ and all that He has done for us.

We all have a choice - who do we want to serve?

Be sure and come back tomorrow - I have a whole series of things that I will be writing on. Things that God has laid on my heart. See you tomorrow! May God bless you in a very special way! :O)

1 comment:

  1. This is SO very true! How Satan has his counterfeits for everything that God has. Looking out for yourself was not the way Jesus did things.

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

30: More Real Bread Stories