Friday, May 25, 2012

This and That Friday

Good Afternoon! Today I have a few random things to blog about so I thought I would just do a This and That post.
It has sure gotten warm around here lately. Most afternoons find our temperatures in the 90's. Yikes... I am SO hoping that we do not have a hot, dry summer like we did last year. I am so very glad that I got up and got the yard mowed before it got to warm. So far it is averaging out that I am having to mow about every 2 weeks. We have gotten a decent amount of rain so the grass is growing and also the briers and such. So where we have problems with them - I am having to periodically get out there and take care of them as well. Not fun.

I had been saving money on my electric bill by not using my dishwasher very often and also by washing clothes certain days a week - Tuesday and Fridays were working out great. Well I am still not using the dishwasher very often - well to actually wash the dishes, I do use it as a drying rack a lot. But the washing clothes on just certain days - that has not been working out as well. I think it all started getting out of whack when I got poison ivy, then we went out of town a few times and I just got off of my schedule. I may try to get back on it next week, we will see.

Today my husband took me to a new place to eat - "Pie Five" a pizza place that works about the same way that Subway does - but with pizza's! It was pretty good. A little pricey- but for a treat ever so often it would be fun.

I saw this sign on the wall in the bathroom and thought it was funny. Yeah - I have a weird sense of humor. 

After we ate we went to check out a Antique Mall. It was a lot bigger than it looked from the outside. My husband and I were, very quickly reminded that we have very expensive taste. If we like something - it is usually expensive. It was fun to look and it was something that had been on our list. I do think I like the Antique Mall that is closer to where we live, and that's good. Especially with gas prices being as high as they are. I am know that many people have higher gas than we do - so I should not complain but paying $3.34 is just ridiculous. It makes it hard on everyone.

Well I could go on and on, but I think I will stop for now. I hope everyone has a very good Memorial Day week end. We will be off till Tuesday and it feels good. I am hoping we can get a few things done around here. Wish us luck! :O) 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

29: My Favorite Fats for Baking