Monday, May 14, 2012

Our Visit to Clark Gardens part 1

On Friday, I shared how it was National Public Garden's Day and how many Public Garden's around the country were offering free admission. Well my husband and I took advantage of this awesome offer. It would have cost us about $7.00 per person go to to the park that we chose to go to. We went to Clark Gardens. Those of you who may live in Texas - this park is located between Weatherford and Mineral Wells on 180.

 We were worried that the Garden would be packed since it was a free admission day. But when we drove up, we were happily surprised that there were only about 4 - 5 cars in the parking lot. The weather was over cast and there was a threat of rain, but we were thrilled that we went because we had a great time.


This fountain area was beautiful! I love the sound of water splashing. 

 Please excuse some of my photos - because there was a pretty good chance of rain, we did not take our camera - so I used my phone to take photos. And that with the fact that it was over cast- made the photo's not always show the true beauty of this place. Trust me- it was beautiful!! But I am going to let the photo's speak for themselves:



I would love to have one of these in my back yard. The couple under the umbrella are just so sweet. I wonder how much it cost?
This was so pretty - I wanted to take an up close photo to share with you all. 

If anyone knows what kind of flowers these are -please let me know. I love the way this looks and would love to do this somewhere in my yard. But we forgot to look at the name of them.
This is just a tiny taste of what Clark Gardens has to offer. There were so many lovely places that you could take a picnic lunch and enjoy it in the beautiful gardens. Rose Gardens, Herb Gardens, a Chapel - with a lovely garden, and so much more.

By the way, there was an awesome Train Station that had about 6 different trains - and I will be posting about it tomorrow. I figured this post was already photo heavy. Anyway I hope you have enjoyed a visit to Clark Gardens. :o)

2 comments:

  1. Lisa, those flowers are Snapdragons! They are truly beautiful and their bloom time is awesome! So glad you enjoyed the Gardens! Maybe one day we will meet up there! Have a blessed beyond measure day!

    Love and Blessings,
    ~ Judy ♡ ~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Judy - Thanks so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. Also thanks so much for the name of those flowers. I am really wanting to work towards having more beauty in my yard and knowing the names of the flowers that I like is very helpful!
    Lisa :O)

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

28: My Oil of Choice

Another installment of Breadbeckers! :O)