Tuesday, May 4, 2021

What's Going On In The Garden?!

So you remember the Basil that I started from a $1.00 package from Dollar Tree? 
This is just one of the trays I have of basil plants from it. I think I have at least 6 maybe 7 in the other tray. 

On the 13th I started some Malabar spinach- I have 6 plants that have germinated! I am excited about this! My Dad introduced me to this kind of spinach. The first year I did good at germinating a decent amount of seeds. I tried the next year and they did poorly. So I am thankful to have these plants!! 

Another things I have started in the last couple of weeks is Butternut squash! 
I ended up having 6 germinate - but apparently these end up to be very large plants - so I have give 2 plants to my daughter in law for our grandsons to watch them grow. And giving 2 others to a friend from church. I will be planting the last 2 in the next week or so. This photo was taken a week ago - and they have grown to much since then!! I am excited to see how this does this year. Would love to get some butternut squash! I will keep you all up dated! 

There are so many options of things you can grow - especially when you grow from seeds!! :)




 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

33: The Way to Captivity