Tuesday, May 25, 2021

Pina Colada Jam- the How-To

So a reader ask me to share recipe for the Pina Colada Jam. So here it is. This is where I got my recipe. I made it the way she says to make it and to be honest - I felt like things need to be changed just a bit. And I will explain in a bit. But first - I want to say - I do not drink alcohol. But some of the research that I did says that when you cook alcohol the alcohol is cooked off of it. Well when I finished making this - according to the recipe - I put a spoon full of the jam on a cardboard and I held a lighter up to it. I had looked up how they determine the proof of alcohol and they had mentioned this test - starting stuff with a lighter. Well my jam did not like up. So I am thinking that it cooked the alcohol out of it. But once my bottle of coconut rum is gone I will probably be using coconut flavoring - you know the stuff that you find near the vanilla. I will probably be using half of the alcohol in the future makings of this jam. And when I do make this again - I will try to do a post to explain what I did different and what I thought of the changes. 

One main thing I will be changing next time I make this is that I will be using 2 full packs of sure-jell - the way she explains it is you use 1 1//2 or so. It did not thicken very much- it was fine - especially since i love it over cottage cheese. So that is something you will want to keep in mind! Anyway I hope ya'll enjoy! :O)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

33: The Way to Captivity