Wednesday, May 19, 2021

Pina Colada Jam...Yummy

So teaching the jam class to the teenage girls inspired me to finally get my pina colada jam made up. The ingredients had been sitting on my counter for several months. But the very next day after making the mixed berry jam with the girls found me in the kitchen canning again! 
Once you know the basics of water bath canning - the process goes a lot smoother and quicker. 
Isn't it pretty? 
Not only is it delicious, but it also has a bit of nostalgia for me. 
So one of the delicious ways to eat jam is to spoon it over cottage cheese! 

My Grandmother used to make a wonderful lime jello desert - Lime jello, cottage cheese, cream cheese, and so on... I love the stuff, but I don't get it very often. 

Anyway this pina colada jam over cottage cheese reminds me of this delicious desert. Yummy!!! 

Have you done any canning yet? Any plans to can?  



 

2 comments:

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

33: The Way to Captivity