Tuesday, December 15, 2020

Money Saving, plus an Answer to Prayer

For a couple of weeks Aldi's was running great sales on raspberries or blackberries! I, of course had to make up some fruit jam with them. I had already made one batch of blackberry jam and then ended up in the town with an Aldi's and couldn't pass up the opportunity to pick up enough blackberries to make up another batch of jam. The next morning I got busy trying to get the jam made before I needed to take my MIL to a therapy appt that afternoon. I was halfway through and realized that I had used my last pack of Sure Jell the last time I made Jam. Well I went and looked in my canning supplies container and I found a package of Certo. A very sweet lady had given me some canning jars and had 1 pack of Certo left over and so she gave it to me. Little did she know that she was going to be an answer to a prayer way before I was able to even pray it. I already had the fruit in the pan smushing them.  And I live about 20 minutes away from any store that sells Sure Jell - plus half the time the store has it and half the time they don't. Anyway I did not have time to run to the store. So it truly was an answer to prayer to have that one pack of Certo. I was able to finish out my jam using the Certo. It is used a little bit differently than the Sure Jell packs of powder but I read through the directions and adapted it to my recipe and got the batch done. It truly was an answer to prayer! 

A few days later when I went to Walmart I went to the canning section. I almost always check out the canning section of the store when I get to to the store. It is so hard to find supplies so I look every time I get a chance. Anyway I found the double pack of Sure Jell and they were running $4.44, making it  $2.22 per package. 

I noticed that there was some other Sure Jell things so I kept looking to see what else there was. And I discovered a value pack of Sure Jell! The Value Pack has 6 packages and it is only $11.84, making it a tiny bit over $1.97 each package. 

 A savings of $1.48. Every little bit helps. Plus canning supplies have been hard to come by so when you find a value pack that saves you money - it is probably a pretty good deal! 

I am SO grateful to God for answering my prayer before I even knew the need. He is such a good, good Father and He cares about even little details of our lives, like having the supplies you need to finish making jam. What a blessing!! 

1 comment:

  1. I have never ever seen the value packs before! Now I am going to look for them!

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

33: The Way to Captivity