Thursday, December 17, 2020

Making Do

Something I have been learning to do more and more, especially this year, is to make do with what I have. No need to run to the store to buy more things when you can figure out a way to use things you already have on hand. 

These clips were purchased for my quilt design board. We had made it with felt back ground but I ended up having some of our cats climb up it and so we knew we had to do something different. And we thought these clips would work with how we designed it but regular clothes pins were much easier to use. So these have just sat there accumulating dust until last week end. 

About 4 months ago I had ordered these reusable cotton rounds 
Photo - borrowed from Amazon - where I purchased these rounds. 

Directions say that it is important NOT to use fabric softner when washing these. So I have been hand washing them to make sure that they continue to work like they should. But I have had a hard time figuring out how to dry them. But this last week end I started thinking that I could use a hanger to dry them and I had thought about using clothes pins but thought they might be too big. 
Then I remembered these great clips! 
And sure enough they would perfectly for this job! Now I can dry them easily! 

I have been pretty happy with these great cotton rounds. They have worked pretty well. 

It really makes me happy when I am able to figure out how to make do with what I already have. It is a great way to save money. 

What ways have you been able to make do with what you already have with projects you are doing? I would love to hear about it! :O)  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

33: The Way to Captivity