Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Stepping Out In Faith... update

So..... I got my pretty summer top in the mail this week. And unfortunately it fits a bit tighter than what I like to wear my tops, but I was able to get it on- so that is good. It is a good thing though- because it is a goal- by next summer I will be able to wear this top. I have a favorite pair of "Smith" capri's that I am working towards wearing as well. I am so very happy to have these things to work towards.

Goals are good. They help keep you on track. When situations arise - you are able to make better choices especially if you have goals. So I continue on in my journey to lose weight.

Oh and since it is almost the beginning of another month - I will give an up date on weight loss. I have lost a total of 12 pounds! Basically about a pound a week which is a pretty good pace. I know that the weight could be lost quicker - but I am doing a life style change - something that will out last the weight loss and in order to stick with the whole journey - I have to live in a way that I can live with the rest of my life. This means that sometimes I will have meals that fall under the title of a cheat meal. And that is alright. Especially if it is special occasions and not all the time. Ever so often my husband and I are in the mood for a soda- so we split a 12 oz can of root beer. Or I am in the mood for dark chocolate(which reminds me - I need to get some put on my grocery list) and so I allow myself to have some. We also get sugar free fudge pops that are low in sugar and fat and that is a desert ever so often.

Losing weight at a slower pace also allows your skin to keep up with the weight lose and you end up with much less skin sagging. Anyway I am thankful for my weight loss and I know it is only because of the help from God. I pray and ask Him to guide and direct me each day and to help me make good choices. I also try to remember to pray before I eat and ask Him to help the meal to be satisfying.

Anyway there you have it - I have a cute outfit that I will have to wear next year. And when I put it on I will instantly be able to see how far I have come in this journey. And I have happy to have lost 12 pounds. I am 38 pounds away from my goal of 50 by 50. Yay!

1 comment:

  1. Good for you! I am proud of your work, and a lifestyle change is the only lasting change! I used to be better, but have but this summer with stress I allowed previous bad eating habits to creep back in. So I am trying to get back to how I used to eat and leave those bad for me foods alone. I appreciate your sharing here, because it encourages me to keep at it!

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

28: My Oil of Choice

Another installment of Breadbeckers! :O)