Thursday, August 4, 2016

50 by 50 Update

At the end of June when my husband was diagnosed with Diabetes, I decided it was time for me to make some major changes to my lifestyle. I had known for a long time that I needed to lose weight and I had even tried several different times with no success. I had even gotten to the point of feeling like maybe there was no hope for me to lose weight. But thankfully when my husband got his bad news - I knew it was time that I made some changes.
I also began to spend a lot of time in prayer asking God to help me. I admitted that I could not do it on my own. I had tried and tried. I knew I needed to be healthier and had made efforts - but had not followed through. I decided that I would allow God to guide me and direct my path as I made changes.

And I am so happy to report that I have lost about 8-10 pounds!! The last two days the scales have been showing the 10 pounds lost but I officially say 8 pounds because weight can fluctuate a few couple of pounds. I have lost 20% or 1/5 of my goal so far. And I am hoping now that I will be able to lose the 50 pounds by next summer. It would be awesome!
I am being more mindful of what I eat and drink. Since my husband has to watch carbs - I have been more careful. I have come to realize that juices are super high in carbs and sugars and just not that good for a person. The same is true for soda. The way my husband and I deal with our random hankering for a soda- is to split a 12 ounce can with each other. So ever so often we each drink about 6 ounces of root beer. And we treat it as a treat. We are both drinking more water. Instead of just eating something or buying what ever because it looks good, I look at the contents of it and I decide if it is a good choice or not. It if is not I move on to something better. It feels good to be more mindful of what I eat and drink.

I will continue to work towards my goal - and no matter how long it takes to reach my goal - I am sure that with God's help that I will be able to make it. It is in His timing. And if I am lucky and reach the goal sooner rather than later- then my new goal will be to maintain my weight and not allow it to go up again. That can be done with God's help!!

Stay tuned for the next 50 by 50 update. :O)


2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! That is really exciting progress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are doing fantastic! I am proud of your hard work! God will help you--it is always His will for us to have abundant healthy life!

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

30: More Real Bread Stories