Sunday, August 7, 2016

Health Tidbits

Today I just wanted to share a few tid bits of information that I learned last week. So todays post will have several different topics.

First of all - A concept that I heard was that you can't give up a bad habit unless you replace it with something healthy. Sometimes we might give up one thing that is not so good for us  - but then we end up replacing it with something that is equally as bad for us. I will share a few things that we have done. My husband and I had to give up soda's. We had wanted to go with diet soda's but diet soda's gave me headaches and they made my husband nauseous. So that would not have been that great of a substitute. So now we both ended up drinking more water. And that is a great thing!!

Fiber is a very important part of our diets. In fact, I heard a Dr say that it is important to get at least 10-15 grams of fiber per meal. Animal products and meat do not have fiber, but I will be sharing a list of some great resources of fiber with you all today.

Legumes~ 1/2 cup has 8 grams of fiber
Veggies~ 1 cup has 2 grams of fiber
Grain~ 1/2 cup has 3 grams of fiber
Fruit ~ 1/2 cup has 3 grams of fiber

The above information is an average, some may have more some less. You can look up on Google and find lists of the top fiber foods to eat. By doing so you will be able to make better choices of what you eat.

I was able to hear part of a program talking about Alzheimers. The Dr. explained that there are things that we can do to protect against Alzheimers. Exercising, eating healthfully, and getting at least 7 hours of sleep per night helps protect against this awful disease.

I hope that this information has been helpful to you. I continue to be a student to better health. And that means learning what I can in order to make better choices about my health. :O)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

30: More Real Bread Stories