Monday, August 8, 2016

Single or Final Defeat?

"Never confuse a single defeat with a final defeat."

F. Scott Fitzgerald

I saw this quote on a movie that my husband and I watched this past week end. And as soon as I saw it, I knew that I had to write it in my journal. In fact, I may make a sign of it for a reminder. Too often in this weight lost journey I have made this mistake- I have taken a single defeat and allowed it to be the final defeat. This is where yo-you dieting comes in. And as we all know it's not good or us. This is why it is a good idea for us to make a lifestyle change and not diet. There has to be more to our desires than just weight loss because one day we will get to our desired weights and what will we do? We will stop dieting. When we stop dieting, what happens? Yep- the weight comes back on.
 
Weight loss is a great result of a healthy lifestyle, but it's better to keep the whole picture in mind. By doing so you are able to notice more improvements along the way. You know like:
more energy,
sleeping better at night,
Bowels moving better,
your thinking is clearer,
better results from blood tests,
and the list can go on and on.
 
So remember if you have a bad day, don't take it as a final defeat, It's only a single defeat. Put it behind you and work towards a better tomorrow.

And I can't forget to mention another important thing to keep in mind- even if you have a single defeat ever so often, it doesn't take away from your value. You are still a child of God! He understands and He will continue to be there for us each time we call on Him. It doesn't matter how many times you fall down, He will always help you up when you call on Him for help.
 
The only time that you will get a final defeat is when you give up. SO don't give up. Hold onto Jesus- ask for His help day by day. Learn to depend on Him more and more- when you have a single defeat realize it is only a single defeat and move on. And "Never confuse a single defeat with a final defeat."
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

28: My Oil of Choice

Another installment of Breadbeckers! :O)