Sunday, July 10, 2016

Which Team Are You With?

A friend posted this poem and this great thought and I just had to share- especially with some of the things going on in our world today.


Building is a long and deliberate work. But destruction is the work of a thoughtless moment. You don't have to think before you tear someone down. However you ...do have to think carefully to build someone up. It's time to be concerned about others and build each other up!
 
THE BUILDER
I saw them tearing a building down
A team of men in my hometown.
With a heave and a ho and a yes yes yell,
they swung a beam and a sidewall fell.
And I said to the foreman, "Are these men skilled?"
"Like the ones you'd use if you had to build?"
And he laughed and said, "Oh no, indeed...
the most common labor is all I need...
for I can destroy in a day or two
what takes a builder ten years to do."
So I thought to myself as I went on my way...
Which one of these roles am I willing to play?
Am I one who is tearing down as I carelessly make my way around?
Or am I one who builds with care, in order to make the world a
little better... because I was there?
Anonymous
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

30: More Real Bread Stories