Monday, August 3, 2015

A bit of an update....

Ok so this is what I posted on Facebook this morning:

I'm a little over a week out from my next check up with my oncologist so I guess I shouldn't be too surprised that I had a bad dream in which the dreaded word that no one who has had cancer ever wants to hear. It's got me feeling a little fearful this morning- thinking I'll spend some extra quiet time with my Bible and in prayer. God's got this.

And God was faithful and in no time at all- really I just opened the Bible to where one of my several book marks were located and this is what I found and posted on Facebook:

So after reading my devotional I opened the Bible and was drawn to a verse that I thought I had underlined but it turns out what I underlined was on the reverse side of the page- both verses helped me tremendously. Here they are:
"Oh LORD, You brought my soul up from the grave; You have kept me alive, that I should not go down to the pit." Psalm 30:3
The one I actually had underlined:
"Be of good courage and He shall strengthen your heart, All you who hope in the Lord." Psalm 31:24
The Bible- what a blessing to my soul!

I was so thankful because this morning I did not have a lot of time to really get into any deep Bible studying - because I needed to take my MIL to a Dr appointment. So I was thankful that God helped soothe my soul with just a couple of Bible verses- that reaffirmed His promises to strengthen my heart. Had I not spent the time to open His Word I may have been stressed about that bad dream all day. But because of these two verses - I was able to let that fear go and to have hope in the LORD.

Just a quick update on my Mother in law- she is doing pretty good. In just couple of weeks she will be going to have a CT scan and then to see the Dr and find out if she is healed enough to have the reconstruction surgery done. She is trying not to totally expect the surgery to be able to be done super quickly because she does not want to be disappointed and I understand that. I will be sure and update once I find out. This will be an appointment that I will take her to- because she likes that I know the right questions to ask. I know that knowledge and understanding about what is going on with a persons health is very important and helps the person know how to better take care of themselves. I think too often people slid by with hardly any knowledge and are not able to do the things that could do them the most good - just because they do not communicate with their Dr very well. I know not all Dr are willing to give their patients very much information. I am so thankful that the Dr that told me about the cancer that had been found- was willing to have me and my husband come to her office after hours and was willing to spend over an hour with us explaining things to us and answering questions and all. And I realize that not everyone is fortunate enough to have a Dr like that. I was told by the Dr that put on the health seminar that I went to several years ago - that in order to get the best care from your Dr you need to communicate with them. Tell them as much information that you think that they might need in order to best care for you. And also to ask questions until you understand what is said to you. Anyway we are hopeful that she can have the surgery soon and recover from it all. She is still struggling with keeping a bag on - and it really makes it hard for her to go out in public. Please continue to pray for her in that area for sure.

Well my appointment is not until next Wednesday but I would also appreciate prayers. I always feel so much better to have that appointment out of the way. Thanks so very much! :O)

1 comment:

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

“The Central Issue: Love or Selfishness?” | Sabbath School Panel by 3ABN...

Sorry I missed posting last week. Here is the 2nd lesson in this series. I am hoping it blesses you! :O)