Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Are You Living Blessed? Part 6

The chapter "Living Forgiven" really spoke to me. Every chapter spoke to me but this one really spoke to me and gave me even more to think about.

Dr David Levy, the author of the book Gray Matter tells about "the relationship he discovered as a practicing neurosurgeon- between forgiveness and healing."

"When I first began praying for my patients, I had no idea that it would lead me to discover the power of forgiveness. The idea that bitterness was the source of health problems would not have made sense to me earlier in my career, but over time I became convinced that one of the greatest thieves of joy and health is the unwillingness to forgive the people who have hurt you."

"Emotions can significantly affect the health of our bodies, for good or ill. Stress, anger, and resentment can have powerful negative effects on the body...Bitterness is like an acid that eats its container."

Forgiving others  not only good for us and our health, but it also opens the doors for God to forgive us.

For if you forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you:
Matthew 6:14


And when ye stand praying, forgive, if ye have ought against any: that your Father also which is in heaven may forgive you your trespasses.
Mark 11:25

Judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned: forgive, and ye shall be forgiven:
Luke 6:37

"Granting and accepting forgiveness are part of Living Blessed."

1 comment:

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

30: More Real Bread Stories