Sunday, November 30, 2014

Not Sausage Patties

This morning my son asked me for this recipe- thankfully I had blogged it and so it was pretty easy to find. Today I wrote the recipe out on an index card for my recipe keeper. So I will have it when I want it. I'm thinking about making it soon- if not this week (since I have a busy week ahead) then maybe next week. I thought I would share this recipe again just in case some of you missed it the first time that I posted it.

Not Sausage..Patties
2 C. water
1/4 C. soy sauce or Braggs
2 T. Oil
1 1/2 tsp. onion powder
1 tsp. honey
1 tsp. sage
2 T. yeast flakes
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/4 tsp. Italian seasoning

Preheat oven to 350*. Combine all of these ingredients in a good sized pan. And bring to a boil. In the meantime - measure out 2 C. Quick Oats.
Once the mixture in the pan comes to a boil - you will add the oats. Stirring. Turn the temp. down to about medium heat and set timer for 5 minutes. You will want to keep an eye on it and stir ever so often.

Spray a cookie sheet. I use a ice cream scoop to dip my mixture out and then I use waxed paper to flatten them out. Bake for about 20 minutes and then you will want to flip them over to the other side and then cook till they are getting golden brown. It usually takes another 15 - 20 minutes. The first time just check it out with our oven and see how much time it takes and then you can go by that the next time. I usually make up several batches at a time. I make a batch get it into the oven and get the next batch ready, once I pull the first batch out I can bake the next batch. Then I put about 6-8 patties into Ziploc bags. I put one into the refrigerator and the rest into the freezer till I am ready for them. I hope you enjoy these as much as we do. :O)

1 comment:

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

28: My Oil of Choice

Another installment of Breadbeckers! :O)