Thursday, November 13, 2014

To Know God...series... The Vacuum

 
Just a couple of great quotes from Morris Venden's "To Know God" book
 
"Everyone in this world is looking for something better. Boys and girls are looking for a better bicycle or a better ball. Young people look for more acceptance, better friends, more fun. Older people look for success, for pleasure, or for material possessions. But even things that look like legitimate desires can represent the heart cry of a person who has a God-shaped vacuum in his life that can be filled only by God Himself."

"All of our efforts towards finding something better apart from God will end in nothing, because whether we recognize it or not, our desire is for Him."

***************************
I really don't want to go into a lot of details at this point - but I am having some medical issues that are bothering me. Hoping it does not mean something bad. Anyway I would like to ask for some prayers. I will probably update you all when I find out more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

20: Joseph Vision