Thursday, January 17, 2013

What We Did Today

Good Afternoon my friends. We are having a beautiful sun shiny day. It is 57 degrees outside. My son does not have school or work today so I took advantage and asked if he would use the chain saw and cut down a couple of dead trees that we have. The summer before last we lost - my favorite tree(this one had several bird feeders hanging from it plus it gave shade to our kitchen area in the hot summer time) and several others. Well we got my favorite one cut down about a month or so ago and today we got two more cut down. We also got the wood cut up and either put in wood pile - for the fire place or in our burn pile.

When we cut down my favorite tree - we had only been able to take care of half of the tree. So today we took care of the other half. Same thing - some wood to the wood pile - the rest to the burn pile. Now the yard looks SO much better. Plus it was great to get out in the sunshine and fresh air and get something major accomplished.

Today was one of the days that I used to go work in the bakery. So I was feeling a bit sad. I miss it. I miss the money the most. I did not make a lot but it was a little extra money and it helped me feel like I was contributing.

In this day and age- it seems that there is so much pressure - that a woman has to have a job in order to be someone. This is something that I struggle with as well. I finally learned that my true value comes from Jesus - not something that I do or don't do. This is a very important lesson to learn. So with my extra time - I am looking to see what I can do to better take care of my home. Cleaning your home blesses your family as well.

Anyway so all of that to say that by accomplishing the extra things it helped me to feel like I did a little bit of extra blessing of my home today. And it blesses me as well. Because when I look out my back windows - I can see how much nicer the yard looks and I get to enjoy the view and the feeling of accomplishment.

Well I better get off of here - I have my book club meeting this evening and I have some stuff I want to finish before I have to leave the house. Have a good afternoon. :O)

1 comment:

  1. I'm sure you really miss your job, but I hope you feel extra blessed in the coming days as you discover new ways to serve your family at home.

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

30: More Real Bread Stories