Sunday, January 27, 2013

Hopeful

So for two months I have been sick. I tried to fight it off on my own for the first two weeks. Then I went to the Dr. She thought that I had bronchitis and thought that I might have pneumonia so I had to have xrays done. I did not - Praise the Lord. I took 2 z-pak meds and then a third round of a different antibiotics for 10 days. So after 20 days of antibiotics you would think that it would clear up - wouldn't you? Well it did not. Just a couple of days till I was finished with the 3rd round of antibiotics - I began to get a yeast infection. Decided at that point to finish meds and hope that I would get to feeling soon. The yeast infection cleared up but not the cough.

I told ya'll that I tried a couple of natural things but I think that it was just too late- that the infection at that point had moved to a sinus infection.

So I broke down and on Friday morning went to the Dr. That is where I found out that it was probably a sinus infection. So now I am feeling more congested than ever. She prescribed several different meds. She also told me that if this did not work - that I would probably have to have blood tests run, cat scan done to find out what is going on - or even sending me on to an ENT Dr. So I am hoping that this 10 day round of antibiotics will take care of this infection.

So that is where I am right now. I am thankful that I have the time to just take some down time and try to get well. It is hard not to try to get things done though - so I will just plug away and get done what I can get done. And I remain hopeful that I will get to feeling better soon.

I hope you all are well and can stay well. Remember - wash your hands often, drink lots of water, and get plenty of rest...as my Momma would say.

5 comments:

  1. Poor thing! Two months is a long time to feel sick. Praying that the reason for your illness is found and that it is totally resolved!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry to hear you've been so unwell, and for so long. Take care and try to get plenty of rest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do some research. Wild oregano oil and apple cider vinegar. The latter thins mucus and while not a cure, certainly is an aid to helping clear congestion. The former is very, very powerful and kills bacteria in the body. I was in your shoes...I got fed up with putting antibiotics in my body!!! Not saying not to take them, but...also get a saline based nasal spray. Keeping up our own health is key to not becoming dependent on drugs. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for the encouragement, I really appreciate it. Lisa :O)

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

29: My Favorite Fats for Baking