Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Be Still

As you all know Psalms 46:10a is like one of my favorite verses in the Bible.
 
"Be still, and know that I am God;"
 Last night I was looking in my Bible Commentary for help understanding a few verses in Psalms. Once I was done looking at those verses, I started going through Psalms in my Bible and any time that I saw highlighting - I read about that verse. Well I came across the above verse and what I found really spoke to me. I would like to share it now just in case it will bless someone else like it blessed me.
 
"Be still. Literally, "let be," "desist," give up." God Himself speaks these sublime words. The first clause of this verse has been paraphrased: "Hush! Cease your tumult and realize that I am God." We talk too much and listen too little. We lack Christian poise and steadiness, because of our ceaseless busyness. Moses spent 40 years in the land of Midian (Acts 7:29,30). Paul 3 years in the desert
 (Gal. 1:17,18; AA 125-128), and Jesus 40 days in the wilderness (Matt. 4:1,2), in preparation for the responsibilities of the divine call."
 
There is a reason for the tough times in our lives and for the many times we find ourselves "waiting on the Lord."  God has a purpose for those times and will use them for His glory. May we learn to trust Him more and more every day!

2 comments:

  1. Amen! It is so hard for me to be still at times, especially when I am facing a situation that brings me fear. I find when I am still however, I can feel God's presence and His peace.

    Love this post! Thinking and praying for your family. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love looking things up in a commentary, it has opened my eyes to some really cool things. Thank you for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

30: More Real Bread Stories