Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Checkin' In

I have not done a personal post for a while and have a few things on my mind tonight, so I thought I would check in and get my thoughts written.

First of all tomorrow - would have been one of my work days and even though I have been thankful that I have not had to work- especially the last week or so -with me being sick. There are positives that I am thankful for - like not being around cigarette smoke and being able to rest more. And another thing that I don't think I have mentioned here.

I had worked there at the store for like 18 years off and on. The floors were cement. We had a few thick rug things that helped but the first like 8-10 years or so of working there I wore some cheap shoes - which did not give my feet very much support. Well there actually came a time that my feet would hurt so bad that just putting weight on my feet in the mornings would be so bad. In fact, I had to take a break from working for like a year or so and it took that much time in order for my feet to heal and not kill me when I put weight on my feet. During the year or so - even though I wear better shoes - my feet would begin to hurt ever so often. And so now I am at least looking at the positive -that my feet will not have to be on concrete for hours at a time - damaging them.

 But I still miss the positives of working - like the extra money - not much but it was something. And I felt like I contributed. I am finding my place in the world again. And I know that God is in control.

Another thing I wanted to talk about is -things to do to help get rid of sickness - or help prevent sickness. A friend of mine worked at a gym a couple of years ago and she told me that they had bleach water in a bottle and they would clean all surfaces with the bleach water - trying to keep germs from spreading. This is something I plan to implement in my home. Another thing that I remembered was - boiling water and then taking our toothbrushes and dipping it in the boiling water - to kill germs. That way your toothbrush does not hold onto the germs and re-infect. Spraying Lysol - on door knobs, sinks, toilets, and light switches - places that you would touch. These are just a few of the things that we do -to try to get rid of the germs and sickness.

I am curious - what do you do to get rid of germs? Would love to hear your suggests and ideas!

3 comments:

  1. Wash your hands after you handle money. Always wash before eating, especially when you've been out in public (touching railings and such).

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great ideas. I try to keep a thing of antibacterial gel in my purse and when I leave a store - I try to kind of wash my hands with it. Also some stores have wet wipes close to where you get your basket -when they do I do clean the handle bar that my hands will be all over. I really like being able to do that.
    Lisa :O)

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

28: My Oil of Choice

Another installment of Breadbeckers! :O)