Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Not Picked On, But Chosen

I am not sure if I have shared with you all about my friend doing a Bible study with Beth Moore's "A Woman's Heart" or not. Anyway every Thursday night(unless of sickness or holiday) we have our study. It has been an abundant blessing to my life. And every single week - something really speaks to me. It is awesome. We have a workbook - with a good amount to study each week - and then when we meet together we talk about what we have done through the week and then we watch the video for that week. I am telling you girls - if you ever get a chance to do this study - DO NOT hesitate to do it. It will be well worth your time and effort. With all that being said - I would like to share with you the blessing that I received this week from the video in hopes that it will bless each and every one of you in a special way. That is my prayer.

Beth Moore was speaking about when Zacharias and Elizabeth were unable to have children. When they were both way up in age an Angel came to Zacharias and told him that Elizabeth would have a son and that they were to name him John.

After she pointed out some interesting details of this story, she went on to point out that every time that a barren couple was mentioned in the Bible that a miracle followed. She said when the things come naturally to others, don't come naturally for you- it can be very frustrating. And you can begin to feel picked on, but don't. Because there is a very good likelihood that you are not being picked on but that you have been picked!

When things that come naturally for other people don't come naturally to you - maybe God has chosen to reveal Himself to you in a supernatural way. You will see a side of God that not everyone gets to experience.

When things that come to others easily and haven't for you - when God moves in your life you will see God's divine power at work for you. How special is that?

You are not picked on- you have been chosen.

2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful reminder. Thank you so much for this post.
    I am a Beth Moore junkie. I absolutely love her teaching style. She has so much wisdom to share. I am currently doing her "Breaking Free" study. It is life changing!

    Love to you my friend!!

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

30: More Real Bread Stories