Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Hi Ya'll

Hello~ Well I was doing pretty good there for a bit with posts, then I totally forgot to get Sabbaths post ready. Our family is going through a real faith building experience. I have shared how both my sons and I lost our jobs - with only about 3 days notice. Well my oldest son is still looking for a full time job. Last Thursday he had been invited to a private job fair that a company was having and both of the people that he talked to on the phone made it sound like he had an excellent chance to get a job with their company. He went to the job fair and later in the evening got an e-mail saying that they had decided to go another direction.
This is discouraging for our family because with this son working for my MIL he was barely making ends meet then. He had been looking for a job. It's just a really tough job market right now.
Anyway I kind of got distracted. And that is not good. I feel so much more at peace when I keep my focus on Jesus Christ. Just like Peter when he was walking on the water - as long as he kept his eyes on Jesus he did fine but once he took his eyes off of Jesus he began to sink. Well this is what happened with me Thursday evening - when my son did not get the job. He was VERY discouraged about it. Then again on Sunday. I got a phone call from a friend who is going through a divorce and some of the things she told me - make me start to worry about my son's divorce hearing which will be the first week of February. I again fell into that dangerous trap of thinking that I needed to do this or do that to make sure everything worked out. Instead of keeping my focus on Jesus and trusting His will in this situation. Don't get me wrong- I will be asking for your prayers along with all my other friends and families prayers. Prayers change thing. But I am choosing for right now and every day from here till this hearing to keep my eyes on Jesus and trust Him.

Sunday we had beautiful weather here in Texas! My husband changed the oil on both of our vehicles and we worked in our back yard to get it cleaned up. It looks SO much better now. We have quite a burn pile and are looking forward to a rainy day that is not windy that we can try to get this pile burned down.

Oh remember the upper respiratory infection that I got in the first part of December? Well I ended up taking two rounds of Z-pack meds and then 10 days of another antibiotic. Well I am still struggling with drainage and coughing. In fact, last night I got woke up the most with needing to cough that I have probably the whole time of being sick. Well today I had an appointment to get my hair cut and the lady who cuts my hair told me some stuff that she takes to keep herself well. She has a large clientele and she said that most of them are sick right now. Anyway she told me about Esberitox. I got this photo from the Internet. Look this stuff up if your interested in it. Anyway it is suppose to be a supercharged Echinacea. And it is to help boost the immune system. I went by the pharmacy she told me about and bought myself a package of it. I am hoping that this stuff will help me. If not I have already ordered another helpful natural resource- ALJ.
 
This is a Nature's Sunshine product. And below is what it says about it:

Benefits:

  • Helps soothe irritated tissues.
  • Encourages the entire respiratory tract to gently cleanse itself.
  • Supports healthy lung function.
  • Assists the body in neutralizing allergens by nutritional means.
  • Provides effective respiratory system support.

How It Works:

Airborne particles are everywhere. When particles enter the respiratory system via the nose or the mouth, the body turns on its cleansing mechanisms, and the immune system is put on active duty.


I have used this stuff in the past and it has helped my immune system. I sure hope that one of these or a combination of them will help. I was tired of taking the antibiotics and had already started to get another kind of infection due to the antibiotics. So I really want to kick the rest of this stuff naturally.

Well I hope that you all are well and if not that maybe something I have shared today will help you as well.
We have another pretty day today - a high of 64. And the next two days - in the 70's. More work in the yard! Check in with you all later. Have a great day! :O)  

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for the update :) I'll be praying for you and your whole family. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. The devil sure likes to discourage us. I'm praying God will provide a job for your son and your health will improve.

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

28: My Oil of Choice

Another installment of Breadbeckers! :O)