Sunday, November 18, 2012

You Can Not Recall That Which You Have Not Studied

"The Lord will fight for you, and you shall hold your peace." 
Exodus 14:14

"But as for you, you meant evil against me; but God meant it for good,"
 Genesis 50:20a 


    "Wait on the Lord; Be of good courage, And He shall strengthen your heart; 
Wait, I say, on the Lord!"
Psalms 27:14

These have been the main verses that I have had on mind this week. In fact, Tuesday morning while I was in the shower, I was so upset about what is going on and all of a sudden I quoted Exodus 14:14. I knew this was a reminder from God that He was in control and would take care of this situation. 

It is so comforting to have these verses in my mind and when these super hard times come along - God brings them to my memory. It really is so comforting and reassuring.

It is so very important for us to spend time in the Word of God every single day. 
How can we truly know our Lord and Savior if we do not spend time in our Bibles. 
We need to spend time developing a relationship with Jesus during the good times as well as the bad.
It is very important that we have a personal relationship with Jesus. 

 "Not everyone who says to Me, 'Lord, Lord,' shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven.
22 Many will say to Me in that day, 'Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?'
"And then I will declare to them, 'I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!'"
Matthew 7:21-23

3 comments:

  1. This is SO very true! And what a beautiful example, how the Holy Spirit brought to your mind exactly what you needed to remember!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The title alone makes me want to go and study right now!!...thus my reasoning for posting scripture at the bottom of my blogpost...hoping to remember God's word.

    And thank you for your kind comment about getting ready for church on Sabbath. I appreciate it and am glad to know that I am not alone with this.

    I would like for you to guest post on my blog. I want to introduce Sabbath to my readers, but don't know how.

    Please email me at mommas.sunshine@yahoo.com if you are interested.

    Thanks.
    Tonya

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

31: Honey, I Love You!