Friday, November 23, 2012

DRAWING NIGH TO GOD....series.."Faith Connects"


Faith Connects 


"Faith is the wondrous, 
   living link 
Thank binds the trusting
   soul to God." 
                C.P. Bollman

Faith is the connecting link between our needs and Christ's power to supply them. This is illustrated in the experience of the poor woman who received healing when she touched the hem of Christ's garment. A great multitude pressed close to Him that day. Many touched Him. But He recognized one touch as different from all others. As the trembling hand of the poor woman touched His garment, faith grasped His divine power. 
Another day, as Jesus departed from Jericho, "a great multitude followed him. And, behold, two blind men sitting by the way side, when they heard that Jesus passed by, cried out, saying, Have mercy on us, O Lord, thou son of David...And Jesus stood still, and called them, and said, What will ye that I shall do unto you? They say unto him, Lord, that our eyes may be opened. So Jesus had compassion on them, and touched their eyes received sight." (Matthew 20:29-34) 

"Jesus stood still." He gave those two blind men all His attention, just as though they were the only ones in the world who needed His help. How vastly different would have been their experience if they had not asked in faith. "It is a part of God's plan to grant us, in answer to the prayer of faith, that which He would not bestow did we not thus ask." 

"Throughout the history of God's people, great mountains of difficulty, apparently insurmountable, have loomed up before those who were trying to carry out the purposes of Heaven. Such obstacles are permitted by the Lord as a test of faith. When we are hedged about on every side, this is the time above all others to trust in God and in the power of  His Spirit . The exercise of a living faith means an increase of spiritual strength and the development of an unfaltering trust. It is thus that the soul becomes a conquering power. Before the demand of faith, the obstacles placed by Satan across the pathway of the Christian will disappear; for the powers of heaven will come to his aid. 'nothing shall be impossible unto you.' Matthew 17:20

"I do not know what may await, 
Or what the morrow brings; 
But with the glad salute of faith 
I hail its opening wings! 
For this I know- that in my Lord 
Shall all my need be met, 
And I can trust the heart of Him 
Who has not failed me yet." 

-E. Margaret Clarkson

3 comments:

  1. What a beautiful post. What a great reminder that my faith is a strong connection to my relationship with the Jesus. I truly needed to read this today. Thank you for posting often about God's love. Your posts are truly inspiring. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's hard when our faith is tested, but that is definitely when we need to trust God and not lean on our own understanding. Thanks for this lovely post :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tell you what - I have a big problem with that leaning on my own understanding - way too often. Need to work on that...
    Lisa :o)

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

20: Joseph Vision