Friday, November 2, 2012

Sharing a Little Secret

The last couple of weeks, I had noticed a problem with our bathroom sink draining the water from the sink. It was a very slow drain. So if I brushed my teeth and washed my face - I would end up with a sink about half full of water and it would take a few minutes to drain out. Not good. Anyway my husband was working with it and then I remembered a little secret that I had forgotten about. So we tried it and it actually worked. Today I want to share the secret with you all today.

First you will want to put about 1-2 Tablespoons of Baking Soda down your drain if possible- if not just at the drain area. Then pour vinegar down. When the two hit each other - there will be a lot of bubbling going on. Well we did this and what was so cool is that it actually cleared out the blockage. We had to do this process twice  - you should have heard the rumbling going on down in the pipes! But it was so cool when all the water started to drain very nicely. Have not had a problem with it since!

I had learned this a couple of years ago and actually had learned that it is good to do this periodically just while cleaning your sinks. Well this will be something that I start doing. Haven't decided if I want to do it monthly or what.

I hope that this little secret will help you guys! :o)

4 comments:

  1. Thanks!!! Our sink drain upstairs is doing the same thing. I am taking your advice and fixing that sink! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ladies~ I am so glad that this little trick will be able to help ya'll as well. I did forget to add one thing - I also then use my green scrubby to clean the sink drain while I am at it.
    I hope you all like the results.
    Lisa :O)

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

20: Joseph Vision